Monday 23 January 2017

Funding a Breakthrough

I have ME. It’s a huge part of who I am. I may not be my disease, but it certainly effects every second of my life.

It’s the part of me that’s unreliable. It’s the part of me that forces me to spend so much time lying down. It’s the part of me that I hate. It’s the part of me that makes everything more difficult. It’s the part of me that squashes the rest of me into a tiny box.

I am not my disease. I am my own person, I have my own story, my own personality, but keeping it afloat and not succumbing is a huge battle – a battle I don’t often have the time and strength to fight, especially considering I’m fighting my own body 24/7. I don’t know how to be the real me in my life anymore. I’m not sure who the real me is anymore. I’m lost in a sea of pain, fatigue, tiredness, a touch of self-pity, with an atmosphere of depression and anxiety surrounding it.

I want a cure. I need a cure. I won’t be seeing a cure in my lifetime. But, if I can raise money for the advancement of medical science, for awareness, for development and understanding, for a breakthrough, then maybe the next generation can be cured.

I may suffer every day for the rest of my life, but it won’t be for nothing if my fight and involvement can help the future.

Any money donated can help, please click the link below to help and show your support.




No comments:

Post a Comment